2009-02-10

I wonder why you suck at life

2009-02-10

Wondering is what I do. I’m sure the phrase “I’m beginning to wonder” can be found in more than a few of my articles.

Today, I’m wondering why so many students at LMU don’t seem to care. How can some of them pay $40,000 and be OK with never going to class? How can some students turn in papers written on Martin Luther King Jr. when two weeks of lecturing was spent on Martin Luther, the man credited for spearheading the Protestant Reformation. Does the 95 Theses ring any bells? No, nothing? Not even a church bell? Well, this girl in question basically wrote a paper that was 450 years off from the subject material; she wrote about the Civil Rights Movement, not the Protestant Reformation. Failure confirmed.

What’s the point of going to college, if you aren’t even going to pay attention? I’m not asking for everyone to be a super-duper, outstanding, A+ student, but I am asking for at least B- students. Getting a B- shows that you’ve at least applied yourself to a level above apathy. And apathy is just a plain waste. Too many young, and even older Americans would love to switch places with our privileged bums. They’d love to receive a higher education, but they didn’t have an opportunity to do so.

Essentially, though, your life is certainly not my life. I won’t tell you how to live it. You can waste as many opportunities as you want. But then I’ll probably tell you: “You suck at life.”

1 comments:

Elliptical Trainers said...

I wrote a paper once about the Oregon Trail when the actual topic happened to be "Trail Mix." It happens.

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates